I set this Blog up in the belief that there must be space for independent voices and perspectives .
I believe in the important role of an active civil society for Singapore.
I was the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Centre for Research on Islamic and Malay Affairs (RIMA) from 2012-2013.
I am have been a member (since 2006) and formerly Chairman (2009-2011) of the Board of Directors of the Association of Muslim Professionals (AMP).
I was the founding President of Young AMP from 2004-2009.
I was also Chairman of the Convention Steering Committee of the 2nd Convention of Muslim Professionals in 2012.
I have been doing voluntary work in various capacities since 1997.
Anyone is permitted to quote, in part or in whole, my blog postings, as long as all the following conditions are met:
1. My blog URL (http: nizamosaurus.wordpress.com) or my full name (Nizam Ismail) is attributed.
2. The attribution in (1) must be clearly indicated at the start of the article and it must be clear that the article was reproduced from my blog. Please also include the date of my blog post.
3. For any quotes of more than 100 words, permission must be sought via email from me.
4. You agree not to quote me out of context, selectively quote me in a way that distorts the original meaning.
5. You agree to grant me the right of reply on your blogs, website, or any other media platform.
6. I reserve the right to ask that you remove my quotes from your website, or publish corrections.